The Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education is committed to making its website available to as many people as possible. Many internet users can find websites difficult to use due to the way they have been designed.
WCAG v1 AA
We are proud to be compliant to AA standards to ensure our website is accessible in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines. Most of our pages now have the Total Validator WCAG AA logo on the bottom of every page to ensure that the page has been personally checked alongside AA standards. If you feel that there is need for improvement or something isn't compliant please let us know.
We recommend that you view this web site at a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 4.0+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher for Windows
- Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Safari 3.1 (or higher) for Macintosh
You can change the appearance of this web site at any time by choosing one of the style options below. There are more useful tips in this section, including how to use keyboard shortcuts for this site (known as 'access keys').
Choose Your Site Style:
Low graphics versions:
High graphics versions:
There are a number of ways to change the text size for the site. You can use the buttons below to increase or decrease the font size in any browser.
You can also adjust the settings in your browser. The easiest way is to follow the following steps (in Internet Explorer):
- Select the 'View' menu.
- Select the 'Text Size' option from the menu.
- Click on the text size you want to view.
We use Browsealoud on our website so that you can have the pages read out to you.
In addition to using the main navigation you can use the Sitemap to navigate around the website.
Access keys let you navigate around oiahe.org.uk without using your mouse. They can be used to jump directly to the main sections of oiahe.org.uk, without having to move your mouse at all.
For Firefox press SHIFT, ALT then Number.
- Key Destination alt - 1 (then enter) Home
- alt - 2 (then enter) About Us
- alt - 3 (then enter) Making a Complaint to the OIA
- alt - 4 (then enter) Guidance, Good Practice and Events
- alt - 5 (then enter) Decisions and Publications
- alt - 6 (then enter) News and Media
- alt - U (then enter) Contact Us
- alt - G (then enter) Glossary
- alt - 7 (then enter) Sitemap
- alt - R (then enter) What is RSS?
Apple Mac users
Please press 'CTRL' & 'ALT' together then the Number required.