Exploring key casework trends, challenges and opportunities
An online workshop for Student Representative Bodies
- Tuesday 26 March 2024 | 9.30am-12.30pm
This free online workshop is aimed at Students' Unions, Students' Associations and other representative bodies who advise or guide students through their provider’s internal procedures. Staff and representatives who advocate on behalf of students through the OIA process should also find this workshop useful.
Through extended breakout discussions and case study sessions, we will examine key casework themes students are currently seeking advice on and look ahead to the likely challenges of 2024. The workshop will be a networking opportunity for anyone wishing to share or learn about good practice in supporting students through complaints and appeals.
On the agenda…
- OIA updates including the publication of the Good Practice Framework: Delivering learning opportunities with others section, and our new Rules
- Adviser discussion groups where we will explore current trends, challenges and opportunities, and share learning from our collective casework experiences.
- Case study breakout discussions covering a range of casework matters, including those raised in advance by delegates (see registration form).
Attendees are expected to have some knowledge of the OIA. To refresh your knowledge on Who we are and what we do check out our Bitesize OIA page on our website. It also covers The process of a complaint and Our role, what we do and how we do it webinar.
Useful to know
- The workshop will be held online using MS Teams.
- Attendees will need a camera and headset with a microphone to gain the most from attending.
- A 15-minute comfort break will be provided.