Key casework themes: Requests for additional consideration
This free online workshop is aimed at Students' Unions, Students' Associations and other representative bodies who advise or guide students through their provider’s complaints or appeals process. Staff and representatives who advocate on behalf of students through the OIA process should also find this workshop useful.
Through a series of case studies, breakout sessions and discussions, we will explore the key casework themes in relation to requests for additional consideration (AKA claims for mitigating/extenuating circumstances). The workshop will be a networking opportunity for anyone wishing to share or learn about good practice in their setting, and a chance to look ahead to the likely challenges of 2024.
On the agenda...
- When things go wrong, a look at requests for additional consideration.
- OIA updates including key casework guidance as well as changes and additions to the GPF.
- Learning from our student and adviser discussion groups where we will talk about themes and learning points from recent discussion groups.
- Guest session on what good advice looks like led by colleagues from the Advice Services Alliance.
Attendees are expected to have some knowledge of the OIA. To refresh your knowledge on Who we are and what we do check out our Bitesize OIA page on our website. It also covers The process of a complaint and Our role, what we do and how we do it webinar.
Useful to know
- The workshop will be held online using MS Teams.
- Attendees will need a camera and headset with a microphone to gain the most from attending.
- Comfort breaks will be provided.
Date and time
- Thursday 30 November 2023 - 9.30am-1pm