It has been announced that GSM has gone into administration.
We understand that this is a difficult and upsetting situation for students and staff. We are working with the Department for Education and others to try to make sure that the needs and concerns of students are being properly considered and addressed.
We have published information for GSM students (link is no longer available) who may have a complaint.
Felicity Mitchell, Independent Adjudicator said:
“This news will have come as a shock to students who were expecting to continue their studies at GSM London. We will do everything we can to help any students whose concerns can’t be resolved through the frontline support that we understand is being put in place to help them.”
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact Sarah Liddell, Head of Leadership Office, email@example.com, 0118 959 9813.
- Matthew Tait and Tony Nygate of BDO LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of GSM on 30 July 2019.
- We understand that GSM will stop providing teaching services to its students after the end of the current semester and will then close, and that in the meantime GSM and the Administrators are working on options for students to transfer to another higher education provider of their choice to complete their studies.
- The Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIA) is the independent student complaints ombuds for higher education in England and Wales. It is the designated operator of the student complaints’ scheme under the Higher Education Act 2004.
- Our Scheme is free to students, and has been designed to be accessible to all students, without the need for legal representation.
- We have a wide remit to review student complaints about higher education providers in England and Wales, as set out in our Scheme Rules.