May suit student service advisors, complaint handlers, administrators, telephone handlers, customer service advisors, disability advisors, graduates etc.
We offer the following salary packages and benefits that include:
- A starting salary of £21,524 for Casework Administrators
- 35 hour working week with the opportunity for ad-hoc flexible working for permanent staff
- Generous holiday entitlement of 28 days (rising to 33 days) plus bank holidays
- Gym membership for permanent staff
- Attractive USS pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
Who we are
We operate the independent student complaints scheme covering universities in England and Wales under the Higher Education Act 2004. Our office is based in Reading and we are a registered charity and a member of the Ombudsman Association. We deal with complaints from individual students and have a wide remit covering acts/omissions of a university or Higher Education Provider. The quality of our service to our stakeholders is our first priority and every employee plays a key role in delivering this.
An opportunity has arisen for a confident administrator/advisor to join our Enquiries Team, assisting the complaints handling process. The primary focus of the casework administrator role is to support case handling teams. This will include being the point of contact for students, and will require the successful applicant to maintain accurate records on the progress of complaints through our review process.
Responsibilities will include
- Casework administration, including handling emails and telephone enquiries from complainants and educational institutions, determining whether a response is required and responding where appropriate
- Logging complaints forms and carrying out a preliminary assessment of eligibility
- Monitoring Providers compliance with recommendations/requests made by the OIA
- Handling a variety of incoming and outgoing calls, using good communication and questioning skills, to ensure that the appropriate information is provided
- Dealing with callers who may be distressed
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Recording accurate information on our database and spreadsheets
- Data entry and administrative tasks
The successful candidate will have
- Experience of dealing with a volume and variety of telephone enquiries
- A general understanding of complaints handling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability and willingness to learn new processes and procedures
- A hands-on approach, friendly, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- A high degree of confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- A self starter – confident, flexible and proactive, able to work autonomously when required
- IT literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of the Higher or Further Education Sectors would be an advantage
If you think you might have the relevant skills and background this could be the position for you. Please refer to the job description and person specification to guide your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the online application form and submit it to us with your CV and covering letter attached.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 08 September 2015.
Job Description and Person Specification - (opens in new window)
Equality & Diversity
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome diversity amongst our staff to reflect the nature of independent adjudication, our users and stakeholders. Therefore we would particularly welcome applications from people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities, who are under-represented in our workforce. We are committed to Equality of Opportunity.