A starting salary package of £21,524 (full time equivalent) per annum, and an attractive pension scheme including life insurance will be offered. The benefits also include a generous holiday entitlement and gym membership.
Who we are
A part time opportunity (3 days per week) has arisen for a confident administrator/advisor to join our Enquiries Team, assisting the complaints handling process. We are the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for the Higher Education Sector (OIA) operating the independent student complaints scheme covering universities in England and Wales under the Higher Education Act, 2004.
The primary focus of the casework administrator role is to support case handling teams. This will include being the point of contact for students, and will require the successful applicant to maintain accurate records on the progress of complaints through our review process.
Responsibilities will include
- Casework administration, including handling emails and telephone enquiries from complainants and higher education institutions, determining whether a response is required and responding where appropriate
- Logging complaints forms and carrying out a preliminary assessment of eligibility
- Monitoring University compliance with recommendations/requests made by the OIA
- Handling a variety of incoming calls and extracting sufficient information, using good communication and questioning skills, to ensure that the appropriate information is provided
- Dealing with callers who may be distressed
- Dealing with email enquiries
The successful candidate will have
- Experience of dealing with a volume and variety of telephone enquiries
- A general understanding of complaints handling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability and willingness to learn new processes and procedures
- A hands-on approach, friendly, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- A high degree of confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- A self starter – confident, flexible and proactive, able to work autonomously when required
- IT literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- May suit student service advisors, complaint handlers, administrators, telephone handlers, customer service advisors, disability advisors, graduates etc.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the online application form and submit it to us with your CV and covering letter attached.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 04 November 2014. Interviews will take place on 11, 12 & 13 November and you will contacted by 07 November if you are to be interviewed.
Equality & Diversity
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome diversity amongst our staff to reflect the nature of independent adjudication, our users and stakeholders. Therefore we would particularly welcome applications from people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities, who are under-represented in our workforce. We are committed to Equality of Opportunity.