You can navigate our website without a mouse, by using your keyboard:
- Click on the TAB key on your keyboard. This will move your cursor to each of the navigation options / links on the screen.
- When you have found the link you want, press ENTER on your keyboard.
- You can also use the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys on your keyboard to move the page to the area you want to read.
- Our logo links directly to the home page.
You can make the text larger using your browser.
- In Google Chrome hold down 'Ctrl' and then '+' to zoom in or 'Ctrl' and '-' to zoom out.
- In Internet Explorer, go to 'view', 'text size'. Select the text size you want.
- In Safari, hold down the command key (Apple key) and select '+' to make the text larger or '-' to make it smaller.
- In Firefox, go to 'view', 'text size'. You can make the text size larger or smaller.
You can translate this site to Welsh quickly by selecting ‘Cymraeg’ which can be found at the top of this screen. We also provide Welsh versions of our guidance. If you would like a document translated to Welsh, that isn’t already supplied, please contact us.
Audio and video players
We currently use the YouTube video player which will default to the HTML5 mode if your browser supports this.
We recommend using one of our recommended browsers as the HTML5 YouTube video player is more accessible. There still may be some issues with low colour contrast and using the player with voice-activation software.
If an older browser is used (Internet Explorer 10 or earlier, or older versions of other browsers) then the YouTube video player will load in Flash mode, which contains several known accessibility issues.
All video content on our site has subtitles and/or closed captions and will not start automatically.
Links contain clear text and can be understood out of context for screen reader users.
Links to pages on the same website will open in the same window. Links to pages on external websites will open in a new window. These external links are indicated by a small icon next to the link.
Links to downloadable documents and files will open in a new window to avoid conflicting with assistive technologies.
We have files on our website that are downloadable. The most common type of files are: Adobe Acrobat PDF files (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc) and Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt).
If you are unable to open these types of documents or you would like them in a different format, please let us know.
Our website has been built responsively so it will shrink and adapt depending on the size of the screen you are using (e.g. a mobile device or tablet).
Most modern mobile and tablet devices come with accessibility features built in to the device.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The site has been cross-platform and cross-browser tested and is currently compatible with modern desktop browsers including:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9+; and the latest version of
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- compatible with modern mobile browsers.
You may experience issues with older versions of these browsers or other web browsers. If you experience any issues, please contact us.