How to track the progress of a complaint and upload documentsBack to - How can we help you?
From your home page you can see basic information about each complaint you have submitted. Your representative (if you have one) and the higher education provider will be able to see the same information.
- Log in to your MyOIA account
- To see draft complaints (which have not yet been submitted), select the “Draft Complaints” tab
- To see complaints that have been submitted, select the “Complaints List” tab. These will have an OIA reference number.
To see the full information about a complaint:
- Select the Case Title of the complaint you want to view
- In the Case Details you can see information relating to the complaint including its current status, as well as documents that have uploaded or requested
Uploading and viewing documents
To upload a document to a complaint:
- Go into the relevant complaint by selecting the “Case Title” from the “Complaints List”
- Select the “Documents” tab
- Under “Attach a file” select “Choose a file” and then “Submit”
- The document will not appear in the list until it has been reviewed by one of our caseworkers
File size limits
When uploading requested files to a case, there is a 50MB per file limit. Multiple files of up to 50MB each can be uploaded at the same time, but any file over 50MB will result in an upload error for all files being uploaded.
For example, 3 x 45MB files could be uploaded at the same time, but 2 x 5MB files plus 1 x 52MB file would fail.
File name character limits
Files names are limited to 150 characters. Anything over this will fail to upload.
Accepted file types
Only the following file types can be uploaded via the portal:
.bmp, .eml, .doc, .docx, .gif, .htm, .html, .jpeg, .jpg, .mp3, .mp4, .msg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .tif, .txt, .xls, .xlsx, .zip.
Files of different types will fail to upload.
PDF “Portfolio” files should not be used when sending information to the OIA. “Portfolio” files cause us compatibility and data management issues when attempting to extract the individual files into a usable and shareable format. This does not affect standard PDF files.
To view documents uploaded to a complaint:
- Select the title of the document in the “Name” column of the “Documents” tab on a complaint. The document will then be downloaded for you to view.