When considering compensation for the distress and inconvenience caused by delays we will consider:
- The length of the delay.
- Whether delay was raised in the complaint to the provider and/or with us.
- Whether the delay disadvantaged the student.
- Whether the provider kept the student informed during any period of delay.
- The reasonableness of the delay (e.g. was the complaint to the provider particularly complex or the representations from the student unusually long and detailed).
- Whether the student may have contributed to the delays.
- The amount of following up the student had to do during the handling of the complaint.